Thursday 10 December 2015

Group Project - Environment Art

The group decided that the club will be divided into different areas in varying levels of decay. It also has a hybrid ascetic, with a more traditional design near the front and more modern features in the adjoining rooms. I worked closely with James to figure out the exact spacing for the different rooms and props.



To keep the rooms somewhat consistent, even when there's clearly very conflicting levels of quality between the different rooms, I decided to include interlacing wooden beams that add in the retro look of the first room and leads the players back to it if they get lost.




For  this variation of the design, I repositioned the stage and adjusted the dimensions of the bar to allow the players to access the area behind it. I also changed the layout of the lights to account for the new stage location. I also added a pile of crates to make it seem like there was still equipment to be set up and this part of the club is under construction/renovation.




Initially, I was going to use more earthy colours since the club is located underground, however this didn't mesh well with to colours near the entrance. Instead, I changed it to a blacker colour and switched the carpet to a deep purple.




Lastly, I added in some seats and some lighting to set the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment